Sunday, October 23, 2016

Everyday Glow Makeup Tutorial.

Glow the day away 

I am not the one for heavy makeup look. Not yet at least. I always prefer limited product look that looks natural yet beautiful. This is one of my most favorite looks of all time.  


Products you will need for this look:

-Elf Acne fighting Foundation in dark
-Hard candy sheer envy face primer
-Revlon colorstay concealer
-Elf perfect finish HD powder
-Pur 4-in-1 Pressed Mineral makeup SPF 15 in Tan 
-essence silky touch blush
 -essence lipstick in 16 Cosnova frankfurt
-ELf shadow lock eyelid primer
-essence liquid ink eyeliner
-Diorshow maximizer lash primer
-Maybelline the Colossal volume express mascara
-Hard candy glow all the way face luminizer 

Now before we get started, just a reminder to moisturize your face before anything. I know it's common sense but if you anything like me, i hated moisturizers because i have oily skin and i thought they only made my skin worse. I soon realized how wrong i was. you just need to find the right moisturizer for yours skin. But always use one!
I can not stressed how important it is to moisturize your face before you apply any kind of makeup products on it. Just like an artist need a plain and smooth canvas to start their work, it is necessary to prep you skin for the layers of makeup you are about to apply. Moisturizing the face, keeps the skin from drying out and prevents the foundation from looking patchy and dry. Lets get started, shall we?

Step one # 1

After you have moisturized, prime your face. Never and i mean NEVER apply foundation without a primer, especially if you have oily skin. Unless you want the foundation to slip away over the span of day, or unless you want that oil buildup that makes your skin look shiny. 
I primed my face  with hard candy sheer envy face primer. After it soaked in completely, I used my Elf acne fighting foundation in dark and covered my face. I used a beauty blender to blend everything out. 

Step #2

Conceal away all the dark spot and pigmentation with Revlon color stay concealer. To conceal your eyes draw an upside down triangle under your eyes as shown below.


 Blend it all with a beauty blender or your fingers. 



 Step #3

I used Pur 4-in-1 pressed mineral makeup for contouring. It is initially used a a foundation but since it is a little darker for my tone, I decided to use it as a contour powder. I like the way it looks with my skin and the best part is i can use it either way, as a foundation and a contour powder. I sometimes even used it to set my makeup if my foundation is lighter than my skin tone. This for me works many ways so i am all for it! 


It doesn't over contour my face but adds just a hint of warmth to my cheek bones. 


Step #4 

Bake your face with the Elf perfect finish HD powder. Dab this beauty generously on your under eyes and right underneath your contour. This not only keeps your make up in place but also brighten the area to give a better highlight and coverage. It adds that extra glow and i am all for it!  


Leave it on for 10-20 mins and than lightly brush it off with a stipple brush. Once you do that set your face with the same powder to lock in your foundation and concealor. 



Step #5



Once your are done with contouring and baking your face, apply the blush on the apple of your cheeks. I love the Essence Silky Touch blush as it provide just the right amount of pink flush to my cheeks for an everyday look. I like to keep it light and this works perfectly for my preference. 

Step #6 

While you bake your face, you can go ahead and start with your eyes. Apply a eyelid primer if you are using eye shadows. I didn't use any eye shadow but i applied the Elf eyelid primer to keep my eyelids from getting shiny and oily over the day. 


Apply your eyeliner however you prefer. In this look i did a simple cat eye look.
Than i used the Diorshow Maximizer Lash Primer before i applied my Maybelline Colossal Volume Express just to add that extra lift.
(I did a review on the Diorshow if you wish to take a look to get a better idea of this product)


And voila! 

Step # 7




Apply the lipstick. I used Essence 16 lip color. This was gifted to me by my best friend and i absolutely love this color for an everyday look. If gives such a fresh feel to the entire look. This isn't matte so it leaves the lips looking glowey and shiny and feeling moisturized. 


Step # 8 



Last but definitely not the least. Highlight and complete the look using hard candy glow all the way body and face luminizer. This is a very light application. It doesn't have too bright a highlight but for an everyday look this works for me. I prefer the glow it adds to my face. 


If you like this post or found it helpful, like, share, comment and pin! <3 


Sky is the limit! <3


No comments:

Post a Comment